How to Write a Narrative Essay
What can be better than reading a great narrative essay? It is always a pleasure to deal with a good written narrative essay sample. You can find lots of great narrative stuff online and choose some narrative essay example for you to study. What feelings does it bring you? How does your imagination work? You should remember and scan these points and transform them into your own narrative essay ideas.
Writing a narrative essay is also a great experience. Your future depends on what narrative essay topics would be. You are reflecting the event and sharing your experience with other people. So, let us learn how to write a narrative essay. Here are some helpful narrative essay tips and tricks. However, before you are going to write your first thesis statement for narrative essay, try to do some research and find some good narrative essay topics in any narrative essay rubric online.
Narrative essay format basics:
- A piece of writing recreating the experience through time is called a narrative essay.
- You can base your essay on your own experiences on experiences of other people (past or present).
- You are not just telling a story; you are also giving the idea and lesson to your reader.
- You should find and identify the experience you are going to write about.
- The experience should be significant.
- You should focus on recollecting the details of your experience.
- You should create an outline and imagine the basic parts.
- You should use your outline to describe all parts of your essay.
- Try not just to tell what was happening. Tell your reader how and why it was happening.
- Try to become your reader and think like him/her.
- Remember that for your readers you are the first source of information about your experience.
- Don’t forget about small details.
- When you have finished your draft, try to spend some time away from it. Then read it again and again with your fresh mind and eye.
- You can ask some people to read your narrative and tell you their impressions.
- Add more details where they are needed.
- Remove some parts and sentences that seem to be unnecessary.
- Try to use the most effective order to present your information.
Some good narrative essay topics:
- A childhood event. You can tell about your any first-time experience.
- Achieving a goal. What was the greatest and most important achievement in your life? It can be some easy achievement, but, very important exactly for you.
- A failure. Sometimes reading about someone’s failures can also be interesting and very instructive.
- A good or bad deed. It is always a great challenge for a writer to talk about things like that. Readers will appreciate that.
- A change in your life. Some important and significant change in your life.